Our heartfelt thanks to the Tumblr staff for promoting the relief efforts for victims of Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan).
- Be informed: read collated government advisories and updates on the Official Gazette.
- If you are looking for a family member or friend, Google People Finder can help locate missing persons in the area. The Philippine Red Cross has a similar service.
- Looking to donate to #ReliefPH? Click here.
- If on Twitter, follow @govph and @pcdspo.
The page on Official Gazette—which has been collating advisories on relief and rehabilitation efforts following the 7.2-magnitude earthquake of October 15—now includes Google’s Cebu-Bohol Earthquake Crisis and Needs Map. Assembled and maintained by the folks at Google, it’s a panoramic of other areas affected by the earthquake, including evacuation centers currently in use, status of roads, and reports of landslides and damaged structures.
The Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP) is a stimulus package under the Aquino administration designed to fast-track public spending and push economic growth. This covers high-impact budgetary programs and projects which will be augmented out of the savings generated during the year and additional revenue sources. The DAP was approved by the President on October 12, 2011, upon the recommendation of the Development Budget Coordination Committee (DBCC) and the Cabinet Clusters.
- Want to learn more about DAP? Official Gazette has a handy and very comprehensive Q&A—from the context in which DAP was introduced, to the effects of DAP implementation—as well as a briefer on the constitutional and legal bases for the DAP.
Moody’s Investors Service has just upgraded the rating of the government of the Philippines by one notch from Baa3 to Ba1. At the same time, Moody’s has assigned a positive outlook to the rating.
As Secretary Carandang in today’s press briefing said, the rating upgrade is “a continuation of the confidence that the international community has in the fiscal management of President Aquino and his team.” [The Moody’s upgrade puts the Philippines at investment grade status from all four credit rating agencies.]
Heads up, Tumblr! Makati Traffic has issued a rerouting scheme, to give way for the Anti-Pork March at Ayala on October 4.